I made it to Ohio! I know it took me forever to post a new recipe, but I just barely got me internet hooked up. Can I just talk about my new home for a minute? It is awesome! There are so many awesome restaurants, foreign food markets, and farmers markets! We even have a spot for a small garden! It is going to be so much easier to find unique and interesting ingredients. And it is HOT! I am not used to this kind of humid heat, but I love it. If you are anywhere except Idaho or Antarctica, you will need something cold to cool you down. This slushy drink is perfect for a pool party, bar-b-que, or for just lounging around.
This recipe requires a lot of tasting and using your own judgment to decide how much of each ingredient you want. Everyone likes a different amount of sweet and sour. I like mine pretty sweet.
- 2 whole limes (whole thing, minus skin)
- 2 lemons (whole thing, minus skin)
- 1/8 C. raw honey
- sugar to taste
1. Peel the lemon and limes. Throw them in the blender with the honey,some ice, about 1/2 C. sugar, and a little bit of water. Blend until smooth.
2. Taste. If it is still too sour, add more ice and water and blend again. Taste again. If it is still to sour, add some more honey or sugar. If it is too thin, add more ice. If it is too thick, add more water. Just keep adding ice and sugar until it tastes as sweet or sour as you want.
3. Garnish with a slice of lemon and lime.
Recipe adapted from From Sad to Raw